Sunday, October 10, 2010

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

The stars aligned! I happened to be in Minneapolis, the first game of the American League playoff series happened to be the innaugural post-season game in the beautiful new Target Field, and ATK happened to have tickets that were generously offered. I saw the YANKEES!! I saw the TWINS!! It's a zillion times better in person! We sat 13 rows above the Twins dugout. The sights and sounds, even the smells and tastes, were larger than life. I love that sound as the bat hits the ball! The field is maticulously manicured throughout the game. The TWINS white uniforms almost glowed! (Too bad the YANKS grey is so drab). At times the crowd was deafening loud . . . I can hardly describe it . . . I couldn't hear my own yelling . . . even the ringing in my ears was silenced . . . seriously deafening! Believe it -- only in Minnsota can I eat walleye sticks with my ketchup dog! Picture below: Top of the 3rd, Score 2-2, two outs, bases loaded, Liriano pitching to A Rod -- this is the 3rd strike pitch.












1 comment:

  1. Rockin, I agree the games are best in person. I could care less to watch them on the tube. What a lucky duck. Bev

    ReplyDelete