Google made it easy! I found a newspaper-sized, archival-quality scrapbook, hard-bound with posts! So, now the papers are safely preserved! The earliest is 1937, the latest 1970. Several are at the death of Heber J. Grant, George Albert Smith, and David O. McKay. The pages shown below are the above mentioned Centennial Celebration, a 1945 message on peace from the First Presidency, a 1959 Anchorage Daily News as Alaska became a State (my Dad’s family lived in Anchorage at the time), and a 1950’s The Evening Post cover when Queen Elizabeth II sailed the royal yacht into the harbor at Chicago (wow, young Elizabeth!).
I’ve looked through the box of papers a few times over the years and enjoyed their historical relevance, but as I compiled them chronologically for archival keeping, I felt especially close to my great-grandmother. These papers were meaningful to her, and now they have become meaningful to me. I will take good care of them!

Incredible collection. This will mean a lot to your family and the boys as they get older. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDelete