Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Miss Amanda

Amanda is in sunny California enjoying spring break with her dad. I miss her terribly. J misses her too.

J and Bill play a silly game that evolved as a result of Bill's irritation at J's repetitive questions.

J Where are you going?
Bill To the garbage can.
J Where are you going?
Bill To the mailbox.
J Where are you going?
Bill To the bathroom.

When Bill has finally had enough, the answers are . . To California . . . To Texas . . . To New Mexico in that order.

So I guess it's no surprise that J understands exactly where Amanda is.

J Where's sissy?
Bill With her dad in California
J Oh, and Texas and New Mexico!

J also loves to play "Where's J's house?". Two stop signs before our street, he stretches his neck to look around the corner. Then, just before we make the turn, he exclaims, There it is! There's J's house! Look, look, there's J's house!

Yesterday, I challenged his finding, Who else lives here?
He easily responds, Daddy . . . Mommy . . . Jeremy.
Who else? I urged.
He stared at me blankly.
What about sissy?
No in a correcting tone Sissy doesn't live here!

My heart aches!

However, I realized that after this year there's only one more spring break that is legally her father's!

No comments:

Post a Comment