What’s wrong with my eyes? I squint myself into headaches at Jazz games, frequently irritate other drivers by missing street signs, and most annoyingly can’t see the TV menu from my bed!
Although my eyesight changed drastically when I was young, I've had the same prescription for 15 years. Dr. Stevenson seemed mildly alarmed at a change that seems to have taken place in the past couple of months. My right eye increased four powers and my left eye increased two! How’s your health? Have you had any trauma? As he clicked the testing lenses back and forth, "This is your current prescription . . . this is what you’re telling me you need . . . . this is your current prescription. . ." Yes, yes! That looks exactly like the blurry billboards I strain to see for two hours each day!
He warned that this drastic change in prescription will cause difficulty with my reading eyes. I don’t care . . . I want to see the distance . . . show me the distance!
So much better!! You know, if I had lived in Bible times (or in any number of third-world countries), I would not only have died in child-birth, but would also be a blind beggar on the street. Now, thanks to everything wonderfully modern, I can see that blurry little fur-ball romping outside my office window . . . it’s a fox!
Unfortunately, I now understand exactly why my boss grabs my financial reports, holds them out as far as his arm will stretch, squints tightly, and then reaches for his reading glasses while muttering, “Carol, you’re killing me.”
Now, sadly, I can’t see my reports either.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment