As an add-on to my previous post . . .
So, Amanda finally got her learner's permit. Her drivers ed teacher is appauled at her performance on the simulator and chastized me for not having taught her how to drive. Isn't that a dad's job? Anyway, due to her own procrastination, she's only been legal for a few days.
Well, I found a perfect place to practice! The Lehi Cemetery! Better than a parking lot because it's bigger, has defined roads, and lots of turns. Better than a country road because there's no moving cars and the speed limit is 10!
And all I can scream as I'm clutching my seat is "If I have to replace a headstone . . . you're dead!"
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My Dad sucked at teaching me to drive. My Mom took me out to a straight road between Hayden and Kearney. This road had telephone poles every 20 ft or so. Never got up to much speed, because she had me stop and start at each one. You really learn the clutch that way. Are you teaching her to drive using a clutch? Good luck
ReplyDeleteBev
Great suggestion! We'll be heading over to the cemetery pretty soon here to get Jaylee started!
ReplyDelete