Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bonk!

Wondering why Jeremy has forehead bruises? He loves to bonk! Lean in to cuddle cheeks . . . bonk! Lean in for a big kiss . . . bonk! Lean in to nibble ear . . . bonk! And it hurts! He even plays chicken by progressively bonking harder and harder -- daring you to tolerate the pain! One time I didn't back away . . . it brought us both to tears.

Last week we rid Amanda’s closet of the last of her early-teen toys and junk. What a challenge! That is, keeping Tornado Boy from destroying the sorted piles! Although he's easily distracted, it's not long before he ends up in another pile. Then he spotted it -- the Barbie Styling Head! He coaxed and coaxed (even whimpered) for it. He could not be distracted . . . he knew what he wanted . . . and fussed and carried on until I finally gave in to the whining. As I handed it to him HE BONKED the Barbie Styling Head DIRECTLY ON THE FOREHEAD! That was all . . . off to the next pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment