Sunday, August 9, 2009

Look At Me!

We were very excited when J caught on so quickly the first day of swimming lessons. He’s surprisingly good at holding his breath (likely a result of spending a week in the water at Lake Powell). Unfortunately, his infatuation with this new ability prohibits his focus on anything else.

Let's blow bubbles. J starts to blow, quickly submerges his face completely for several seconds, then gasps, I did it! I held my breath!

Let’s kick our feet. As the other children obediently kick, J sinks in the water holding his breath for several seconds, then jumps out to exclaim, I did it! Watch me!

Let’s play Ring around the Rosie. J grabs hands with the other children, then sinks to the bottom for several seconds, popping up to exclaim, Teacher! Look at me!

Same routine every day. This picture commemorates the ten-thousandth pop-up and Look at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment