Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just Like Mom

Ahhh . . . a peaceful bubble bath -- just like mom.

And I giggle as I recall my least-peaceful bubble bath. Tired, swollen, and fully pregnant with J, I just wanted to relax, feel soft, and smell pretty. I even lit several votive candles and set them along the edge of the tub. I struggled a bit to get in (I can barely straddle the wall of the tub on my tippy-toes) and the thought crossed my mind that I would need Bill to help me get out. Hopefully he'll be home in an hour. Ahhhh . . . Andrea Bocelli . . . IT MUST HAVE BEEN THE MUSIC that attracted the cat! He jumped up on the edge of the tub and strolled right over the votive candles. I knew we should have shaved that thing! The cat belly is on fire!! He's screeching, running out of the room on fire! The smell of burning cat hair is unbearable -- I'm going to barf! And, I CAN'T GET OUT OF THIS TUB!!

No comments:

Post a Comment