Friday, June 5, 2009

Girls Camp

A few highlights . . . hiking, the lake, the challenge course.










































I love this! President Hinckley was truly inspired to create Heber Valley Camp. It provides many opportunities that we have not had at previous ward and stake camps. As I understand, President Hinckly received input that the young women were not attending girls camp because they didn't like to rough it. His response: then we'll create a place that isn't so rough. Thus inspired the creation of the 8,000 acre camp. What a lesson for me! My first thoughts tend to be that the kids need to suck it up, quit their whining, and stop being such wimps. But, now I understand that it is more important to just get them out in nature to experience what is means to Be still, and know that I am God Psalms 46:10.

Also, I'm amazed at the wonderful service missionaries that made it so easy for us to enjoy camping. Our church seems to have created opportunity for an abundant resource -- our aging baby boomers -- to serve, share, and develop the coming generation. I'm not really aware of any other organization that does this on such a large scale.

Take a look at the post on my personal progress blog http://www.ldsywpersonalprogress.blogspot.com/ to see another fabulous experience we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment