Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mommy's Moon

Some of you may know my fascination with the full moon. I love it when it’s not full, too. I remember back in our more romantic days when Bill affectionately called me Moon Goddess. Now, the family races to see who will find it first and Amanda shows off her knowledge of the phases. Several months ago J discovered that the moon can usually be found through the large windows in our family room. Nearly every night he looks to see if mommy’s moon is shining.

It’s been raining. We haven’t seen the moon in a while.

One night last week, a presumable stop-sign-runner caught our attention as two police cars stopped him outside our back windows. The bright red and blue flashing lights reflected beautifully as they flickered against the black sky. J ran to the window exclaiming,

Look, look! Come over look!
Yes J. Aren’t the flashing lights pretty?
No, no.
Yes, they are police lights. It’s OK. They are pretty.
NO, NOT THE POLICE LIGHTS! Look! It’s MOMMY’S MOON!

Sure enough. My moon peeked out of the clouds, and I smiled!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carol,

    I had no idea you loved the Moon. Love the pictures. Packed for Mexico It was a hot one today. The Dinasour display looked like it was loads of fun.
    Love Ya,

    Bev

    ReplyDelete